Sunday, February 27, 2011

Welcome to Australia

I have been in Australia for nearly a week now, and I am just now finding time to blog. Whoops!

So far I have fallen in love with this country and its people. My host dad is Greek and my host mom is Australian- the two are very different and I am quite certain we have the most unique homestay family out of our group of 27. Our host mom, Marina, loves to make sure we are okay all of the time. Beeca (my roommate) and I have already started recording funny quotes/mannerisms of Marina. My favorite so far is her method for washing dishes, basically dunking them in water and removing rubish with your fingers, rinsing, and drying.

I just got done with my first day of classes. I have ballet and jazz technique in the a.m. and then hip hop at noon. The classes are a lot of fun, but the ballet is quite challenging with my lack of experience. The dress code for ballet is requiring a leotard buying run later this afternoon.

I have neglected my camera since I have been here...photos to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment