Saturday, February 5, 2011

Randoms

Last mini-project: light graffiti - a slight fail after the awesomeness I found online


Current location: Panera in Huntington, WV


Current prayer/line love: "I pray that God will show me and all of us the limits of our understanding." (said at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, D.C. by President Obama- full Relevant article here)

I am spending the weekend with my splendid friend Lauren Wright. Today we ventured to West Virginia for a Beauty Control meeting she had. I get to chill at Panera and the mall until she is done. Tonight she is taking me to a new restaurant. I'm pretty stoked. Today I will have been in Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky- oh the excitement of living in the Tri-state area!

I've been catching up on news and other randoms while sitting here and I found the article on Obama's speech at the National Prayer Breakfast written by Cameron Strang. I really liked the line above and it struck me as something I need to be praying. For how often do I pray as if to understand the mystery that God is working in my life? Often. We are always trying to figure out God's will, understanding like this is an understatement in the realms of the heavenly. I think the beautiful mystery of Christ's work in our lives is not always meant for us to probe for perfect clarity, it is our job to live the parts we do know. We do know God revealed the mystery of the Gospel to us (Romans 11:25), and we are to live that part out in the fullest. But we don't always feel like we can trace his hand while living out that gospel... we can trust his heart.

I have a great blogpost to come so stay tuned for a pretty funny project I have been working on.

16 days till Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment