Monday, June 20, 2011

farewell Oz







Four months ago I flew to a country I knew nothing about and was somewhere close to being very alone.
Two days ago I flew home with 25 American friends who I practically call my family.

I cannot put into words all of the things I learned while being in Australia this year, but I can tell you it changed my life for good. Every mountain and valley brought me to a better understanding of myself and who I want tobecome. I had so many amazing adventures and met so many incredible people from all over the world. Australia is full of beautiful souls with beautiful stories, I am so blessed to have shared in a small portion of that this semester.
Instead of writing out a long entry of what I learned (you are more than welcome to ask!), I am going to sum it up by telling you just a few of the amazing things God allowed me to do this semester:

-Was in a live audience for 2 national TV shows (XFacotor, Australias Got Talent) and received 5 seconds of fame on national television (also was 10 feet away from Scary Spice!)

-danced with world renowned choreographers four days a week for 4 months

-dove in the Great Barrier Reef with some of the most beautiful creatures known to mankind

- Shared lives and stories with natives from Slovenia, Egypt, Italy, Ireland, India, Norway, and Australia

- Walked the Harbor Bridge and watched the Sydney Opera House dance with colors

- Watched a State of Origins game in the Anglican Archbishop's Castle

-Slept under the stars in the outback

- got to lead and hang out with Australian teens for a week (and watched some turn their lives to Christ :)

- had the privilege of living and learning with a Maori tribe in New Zealand

- Bungy Jumped off the Auckland Habour Bridge in NZ

Petted a kangaroo, ate Vegemite, lived with Greeks, mastered public transport, threw a boomerang, played a digeredoo, sand surfed, parasailed, went to Luna Park, chilled at awesome beaches, danced the night away, met Australian senator, put up with dirt coffee, learned to appreciate a dryer, gained 10 pounds, ate too much Nutella





No comments:

Post a Comment